[Qemu-discuss] Qemu Guest hangs on reboot in a nested VM deployment

From: Ashok Kumaran
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu Guest hangs on reboot in a nested VM deployment
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:13:04 +0530

Hi,

Basically I run an openstack environment. But I feel my issue is more of a qemu/libvirt related. I am running a KVM machine on base, top of that created a CentOS vm which hosts my instances using QEMU as the hypervisor.

When I issue reboot on the instance CLI, the instance seems to go in hung state,
I have checked this behavior with multiple instances.

I also have a KVM hosted deployment, where I run openstack directly without nesting and using KVM hypervisor , I do not see that issue there.

Please let me know what could be wrong with my nested Qemu deployment. I am happy to share more logs

Thanks
Ashok