Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu guests using 802.1q vlans bridged on host

From: Tony Su
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu guests using 802.1q vlans bridged on host
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:58:08 -0700

I haven't investigated what you describe so can't offer much help...

But my reaction is that if it's not possible to configure some kind of
"master vlan tag" I'd consider "packaging" all the VLANs through a VPN
just long enough to pass through any major obstacles (technical or
onerous work). Of course such an approach would likely come with
significant overhead but it's a matter of trade-offs.

Or, I suppose that you could attempt to script the creation of your
bridges and just deal with them all.

Tony