[Qemu-discuss] use DMA engines in the virtual machine

From: Zheng Da
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] use DMA engines in the virtual machine
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 17:11:54 -0400

Hello,

I try to develop a kernel module of using the DMA engine in the Intel
processors. I have enabled kvm. When I boot the virtual machine, I
found the DMA engine isn't enabled. I tried different CPU models, and
it seems none of them has the DMA engine.

The native processor is Xeon E5-462 and it has DMA engines. Is there
anyway to enable the feature in the virtual machine as well? Or the
virtual machine can only expose very standard functionality?

Thanks,
Da