Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu verbose mode

From: Fam Zheng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu verbose mode
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:37:35 +0800

On Fri, 06/14 08:53, Bruno Diraison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still now I was used to use Qemu to simulate Linux kernel image that I
> built by myself.
> Today, I want to run a Kernel image, built for ARM926EJ-S, with
> qemu-system-arm.
> The issue I'm facing is that the kernel doesn't start and I don't have any
> information, no debug print, of what happen.
> So, I want to know if there is a verbose mode in qemu, and how to activate
> it.
> I try to find the information on the net but without success.

If you think something is wrong with qemu-system-arm, could you give
more information on your kernel and your command to run qemu?

Otherwise:

You can write debug information to serial in your kernel and redirect it
to host stdio by:
  $ qemu-system-arm -serial stdio <your_qemu_args>

If you want to debug your kernel, you can use built-in gdb server and
connect with gdb:

  $ qemu-system-arm -s <your_qemu_args>
  $ gdb <your_kernel_image_with_debug_info> -ex "target remote localhost:1234"

--
Fam