[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to load a host file in the client while not yet i
Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to load a host file in the client while not yet installed ?
Fri, 05 Apr 2013 14:45:08 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130307 Thunderbird/17.0.4
On 4/5/2013 12:27 AM, Laurent Alebarde wrote:
My host is Linux and my guest is FreeBSD, thus from
, I cannot mount the image to access it since Linux has no driver for
ufs nor zfs, I cannot setup a spice client since the client is not yet
installed. Though I need to access/execute a host file.
How can I do that please ?
The standard trick is this:
1. Prepare another virtual machine supporting the desired file system
and running an NFS or similar server (in your case, that would be a
2. Shut down both virtual machines
3. Start the second virtual machine, with the main disk of the first
virtual machine as a second virtual hard drive
4. From the second virtual machine, mount the partition from the
second (virtual) hard drive
5. Access the files either directly on the second machine or via NFS
6. Shut down the second virtual machine
7. Remove the disk of the first virtual machine from the configuration
of the first virtual machine
8. Now the first virtual machine can be started to access its own disk
A simpler alternative is to just boot the first virtual machine from
an ISO of a "Live CD" for the target OS (in this case a FreeBSD Live
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S. http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark. Direct +45 31 13 16 10
This public discussion message is non-binding and may contain errors.
WiseMo - Remote Service Management for PCs, Phones and Embedded