Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu -curses in MS Windows?

From: Andrew Pennebaker
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu -curses in MS Windows?
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 13:16:03 -0400

Environments such as cygwin send all terminal stdout to their
own terminal emulator and then configure a ported curses library
to know the escape sequences they emulate, which is roundabout,
but works for many simpler programs, however running qemul-win32
under cygwin would be bad for the porting of most other parts
of qemu, so is not really an option.

gVim and OpenSSH for Windows do curses successfully in Windows. As long as we're careful not to break things, I think it could be done.

Hmm. If I just wanted to run a simple BIOS text program, would -nographic serve my purposes? What's the difference between -nographic and -curses?

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us