[Qemu-discuss] Implementing processor specific opcode Geode lx

From: Patrick Schlieker
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Implementing processor specific opcode Geode lx
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:15:06 +0200

Hello qemuers,

I'm trying to get qemu/SerialICE working with the AMD Geode Lx processor.
My current problem is implementing the opcode for the SMINT instruction which basically stores the current state of the cpu in a header and initiates System Management Mode.
Writing the data to the SMM memory space at 0x80400000 specified by an MSR fails for some reason. I can't figure out why. Especially since qemu/SerialICE writes to the same address space in the instructions before that.

I would really appreciate it if you could have a look at my code (only a few lines)  and tell me if you know the reason behind this. Did I use the wrong store-function or did I do some rookie mistakes?

Heres my code so far: http://pastebin.com/nqwzrB2W

and heres the excerpt of the qemu debug log: http://pastebin.com/4gCuzxN1

What surprises me about the the debug log is that the SMM flag is shown as '0' although i set the corresponding hflags and registers in the helper function.

Thank you for your help :)

Geode data book, implementation of SMINT instruction is on page 648: http://support.amd.com/it/Embedded_TechDocs/33234d_lx_ds.pdf