[Qemu-discuss] vga passthrough good on winXP 32bit but not win7 64bit

From: lejeczek
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] vga passthrough good on winXP 32bit but not win7 64bit
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:01:41 +0100

hi everybody

this is my first fiddling with passing through hardware to a guest thus what follows may sound lame, apologies.

OS is rhel 6.3 64bit on a Dell poweredge box
two different VGAs, geforce 640 and radeon hd5450
guests are XP 32bit and 7 64bit

should be simple right?

XP seems to reports everything OK, I reckon sort of an ultimate confirmation is that I get the guest on the external screen

7 always! (regardless which VGA, different PCI slot also tried, tried with different command line params) reports the device marked with exclamation as non-running

I'm at loss for ideas of how to troubleshoot it further

help?

regards