[Qemu-discuss] boot=on deprecated and if=scsi

From: Valerio Pachera
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] boot=on deprecated and if=scsi
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:08:29 +0200

Hi, I'm adjusting my script syntax
(http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-doc.html#sec_005finvocation)

I get
  qemu-kvm: boot=on|off is deprecated. Future versions will reject
this parameter. Please update your scripts.

The script options is that:
  -drive file=disk.raw,media=disk,cache=none,if=scsi,bus=0,unit=1,boot=on"

If I remove boot=on, the guest doesn't boot but I can't find in the
documentation the rught syntax.
What do I have to write instead of boot=on?

Another question about scsi:
what are the advantages of using scsi instead of ide?
How may disks can I use for bus? (When is it usefull/necessary to change bus?

Thank you