Re: [Qemu-discuss] A few bugs and updating QEMU

From: Jake Thomas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] A few bugs and updating QEMU
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 00:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, here's an update. I still have no idea how to get qemu to complie, and I
would love to know the actual ./configure options you people use to compile it
succesfully, but here's the good news:

In ArchBang I got a version of Qemu new enough to not have the ISOLINUX bug. So
that did get fixed. And it is obtainable without compiling from source. I just
did "sudo pacman -S qemu".

Also, this version no longer has the "-M ?" and "-cpu ?" bug.

And it does default to 64-bit on a 64-bit machine, though to QEMU's virtual
CPU, not to the common kvm processor. I was just worried there for a little bit
that it defaults to 32-bit on a 64-bit machine.

So it's looking good. It would just be nice to know how to compile it.

Cheers,
Jake