Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU TAP networking on Windows XP host.

From: alarson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU TAP networking on Windows XP host.
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:14:02 -0600

address@hidden wrote on 03/05/2012 02:27:06 PM:

AL> I am trying to setup a QEMU client on a windows host using TAP
AL> networking.  ...
AL>
AL> I am able to get my client up and running using TCP redirects
AL> (-net user), but I can't get either bridged or routed TAP
AL> networking to work.  In both TAP cases the client sees packets
AL> from the host (Windows), but the host doesn't see any of the

In case anyone runs into the same issue, I did find the problem.  In
summary, I needed to use QEMU 0.14.50.

I tried a local build of qemu 0.14.1, qemu manager 0.11.1, and from
http://qemu.weilnetz.de/w32/ 0.15.92 and 0.14.50.  Only 0.14.50 worked
for both MIPS and x86 guests.  My local build of 0.14.50 also worked.