[Qemu-discuss] Running a Linux system both boot and within Windows

From: Ian Simcock
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Running a Linux system both boot and within Windows
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:09:20 +1030

Greetings all.

I hope this isn't an inappropriate question to post here but I've been searching for ages and can't find if what I want to do is possible or not.

I have a USB flash drive and what I want to do is set it up so that -
1) If I boot a PC off it I get a Debian Linux system.
2) If I use it under windows I can use QEMU to start up the same Linux system. 3) Keep the majority of the drive formatted in a windows format to make it easy to transfer data.

I have no trouble seeing how to do item 1 or item 2, but I have not been able to find anything documenting that it's possible to do both.

If anyone can point me to something that explains how to do it, or can confirm that it can't be done, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ian Simcock.