[Qemu-discuss] Booting from flash on ML507

From: Elad Lahav
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Booting from flash on ML507
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 15:28:28 -0500

Hello,

I would like to run non-Linux code on the emulated Xilinx ML507. I compiled u-boot for PPC and tried passing the binary as a flash drive to QEMU (using -pflash). QEMU starts without complaining, but does not seem to do anything.
Looking at the code (virtex_ml507.c), the flash drive is mapped at 0xfc000000, but it does not seem to be possible to set the instruction pointer to start executing from that address (my understanding is that the emulated drive is supposed to be NOR flash, which can be executed from directly). A simple hack to set boot_info.bootstrap_pc to 0xfc000000 did not succeed.

Any hints on how to boot from flash on this board?

Thanks,
--Elad