[Qemu-discuss] Windows 7 x86_64, QEMU 0.15

From: Ryan Whelan
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Windows 7 x86_64, QEMU 0.15
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 13:56:54 -0500

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has experience installing Windows 7 64-bit on
QEMU 0.15.  My host system is a 32-bit CPU, but I can run a Debian
64-bit system with qemu-system-x86_64 no problem.  When I try to
install WIndows 7, I either get an unsupported processor STOP error,
or a message saying 64-bit mode is not supported for the guest CPU.  I
have tried all options for passing -cpu to QEMU.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan