qemu-devel

Status of "block: Mark drain related functions GRAPH_RDLOCK"?

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Status of "block: Mark drain related functions GRAPH_RDLOCK"?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 16:08:18 -0400

Hi Emanuele and Kevin,
The following commit is not in qemu.git/master or Kevin's block-next
tree:
https://repo.or.cz/qemu/kevin.git/commitdiff/b4959a8028f417a269168e1570b5e502123e64ed

Do you what the status of that patch is?

Multi-queue block layer code I'm working on depends on this change to
bdrv_co_yield_to_drain():

-    replay_bh_schedule_oneshot_event(ctx, bdrv_co_drain_bh_cb, &data);
+    replay_bh_schedule_oneshot_event(qemu_get_aio_context(),
+                                     bdrv_co_drain_bh_cb, &data);

I want to ensure that .drained_begin/end/poll() callbacks always run in
the main loop thread under the BQL.

Thanks,
Stefan