qemu-devel

Re: [RFC 1/1] add support of `--initrd` for ELF-ARM kernels

From: Lankes, Stefan
Subject: Re: [RFC 1/1] add support of `--initrd` for ELF-ARM kernels
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 09:26:40 +0000

Hello Peter,

I totally agree. We are developing a unikernel (https://github.com/hermitcore/rusty-hermit). On x86, we are using the multiboot specification. I thought that this specification is only available on x86.

In principle, a unikernel is a single application, which runs directly on the hardware/VM. Our ELF loader parse the ELF application to determine the thread local storage. On x86, Qemu loads the unikernel as initrd into the memory. The loader just initialize the system. I miss a similar feature on ARM. Maybe I oversee something.

Cheers

Stefan