qemu-devel

aio_set_event_notifier(is_external=true) in Xen code?

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: aio_set_event_notifier(is_external=true) in Xen code?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 11:50:50 -0400

Hi,
I'm removing the aio_disable_external() API from QEMU and noticed that
Xen code calls aio_set_fd_handler(is_external=true) in hw/xen/xen-bus.c
and hw/i386/kvm/xen_xenstore.c.

It wasn't clear to me whether is_external=true is necessary here.
is_external=true is mainly used to temporarily pause I/O submission in
the QEMU block layer. Maybe is_external=true was chosen out of caution
but actually has no effect in this code.

Does the Xen code rely on is_external=true?

Thanks,
Stefan