qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v2 00/24] testing updates (gitlab, cirrus, docker, avocado, w

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [PULL v2 00/24] testing updates (gitlab, cirrus, docker, avocado, windows)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 12:15:20 +0100

On 2/3/23 11:56, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 at 19:47, Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@linaro.org> wrote:

 From the other thread:

I think the underlying config needs updating:

   .git/modules/tests/fp/berkeley-testfloat-3/config

I'm surprised the git config for submodules doesn't carry the metadata.

Yeah, in my local repo that I merge stuff with that file
does still have a github URL:
url = git://github.com/cota/berkeley-testfloat-3

So I guess my questions are:
  (1) why hasn't this been a problem up til now ?
  (2) does this mean that if I merge this then everybody will
      need to manually go in and update this file somehow
      to be able to pull the updated qemu master ?

I assume you are not passing --disable-git-update or
--with-git-submodules to ./configure.

I am not, and each time I run 'make' it annoyingly calls 'git
submodule update':

$ make check-qtest
GIT ui/keycodemapdb tests/fp/berkeley-testfloat-3 tests/fp/berkeley-softfloat-3 dtc

Maybe we should also call 'git submodule sync' first?