qemu-devel

seeking advice for configuring usb_desc in ccid / dev-smartcard-reader.c

From: Ripke, Klaus
Subject: seeking advice for configuring usb_desc in ccid / dev-smartcard-reader.c
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 21:37:54 +0000

Hello

in he/usb/dev-smartcard-reader.c: we need a slightly differing version
of the "Athena Smart Card Reader" as of qemu_ccid_descriptor with two
bytes changed to fixed "extended" values, 14 for max slot and 4 in
feature 2.
This data is shared by all ccid devices through a chain down to
usb_desc (which is klass->usb_desc for all ccid as of now).

Should we best follow the practice of dev-audio and dev-hid by using
another static config, selected by some device property?

Or better dynamically create and modify copies of all structures in
realize?

Or some other way?

many thanks for your help, kind regards
Klaus