qemu-devel

Re: Fortnightly KVM call for 2023-02-07

From: Sean Christopherson
Subject: Re: Fortnightly KVM call for 2023-02-07
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:04:39 -0800

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023, Juan Quintela wrote:
> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering in the next
> call in 2 weeks.
>
> We have already topics:
> - single qemu binary
>   People on previous call (today) asked if Markus, Paolo and Peter could
>   be there on next one to further discuss the topic.
>
> - Huge Memory guests
>
>   Will send a separate email with the questions that we want to discuss
>   later during the week.
>
> After discussions on the QEMU Summit, we are going to have always open a
> KVM call where you can add topics.

Hi Juan!

I have a somewhat odd request: can I convince you to rename "KVM call" to
something
like "QEMU+KVM call"?

I would like to kickstart a recurring public meeting/forum that (almost)
exclusively
targets internal KVM development, but I don't to cause confusion and definitely
don't
want to usurp your meeting.  The goal/purpose of the KVM-specific meeting would
be to
do design reviews, syncs, etc. on KVM internals and things like KVM selftests,
while,
IIUC, the current "KVM call" is aimed at at the entire KVM+QEMU+VFIO ecosystem.

Thanks!