qemu-devel

Re: Lost partition tables on ide-hd + ahci drive

From: Mike Maslenkin
Subject: Re: Lost partition tables on ide-hd + ahci drive
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 19:15:54 +0300

Makes sense for disks without partition table.
But wouldn't Linux or any other OS write at least 4K bytes in that case?
Who may want to write 512 bytes for any purposes except for boot
sector nowadays..
In dump mentioned before only 512 bytes were not zeroed, so I guess it
was caused by IO from guest OS.
In other cases it can be caused by misconfigured IDE registers state
or broken FIS memory area.