qemu-devel

Re: Does the page boundary check still necessary?

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: Does the page boundary check still necessary?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 16:26:18 -1000

On 2/15/23 15:45, Kenneth Lee wrote:
Now the chained TBs have been link with tb_link_page(), the chain will
be rebuilt if it is invalidate on page. So why is this check still there?

Even for a guest which doesn't use paging, and therefore does not need to
worry about memory maps changing, we still enable breakpoints and
watchpoints on a per-page basis.

Thank you. So is this the only reason? May I write a fine grained
checking to remove this limitation?

No.

r~