qemu-devel

Detecting qemu from guest on arm/hvf (apple arm)

From: John-Mark Gurney
Subject: Detecting qemu from guest on arm/hvf (apple arm)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 15:48:46 -0800

Hello,

I was wondering what the best way to detect that FreeBSD is running
under qemu/hvf on Apple ARM?  FreeBSD doesn't see the ACPI FADT table,
so I'm wondering if keying off of something like the QEMU0002 device
in ACPI is the best way?  Or is there another option?

Thanks for your help.

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579