qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/10] xenpvh machine

From: David Woodhouse
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/10] xenpvh machine
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 16:15:37 +0100

On Tue, 2023-02-14 at 15:44 -0800, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > Something weird has happened here -- I'm getting merge conflicts
> > in files in migration/ and in tests/unit/test-xbzrle.c, even though
> > your pullreq diffstat says it doesn't touch those files. Can you
> > try a rebase and resend?
>
> Just sent as a full pull request patch series. Also here for
> convenience:
>
> https://gitlab.com/sstabellini/qemu xenpvh2

I've rebased my tree at
https://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/qemu.git/shortlog/refs/heads/xenfv
on top of this.

For the "phase 1" series I've been posting already, there's not a lot
of interaction. But when it comes to wiring up all the PV back ends
there were a few things to tweak, including frowning at the fact that
you moved xen_bus_init() and xen_be_init() to somewhere generic to
cover both "actual Xen" builds, while I wanted to move it to pc.c to
cover "actual Xen" and "emulated Xen" on i386. I think I'm happy with
what I did there in the final two commits.

Please could I ask you to give it a quick smoke test on Arm?