qemu-devel

Re: Expose support for HyperV features via QMP

From: manish.mishra
Subject: Re: Expose support for HyperV features via QMP
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 16:20:17 +0530

Hi Everyone,

Checking if there is any feedback on this.

Thanks

Manish Mishra

On 31/01/23 8:17 pm, manish.mishra wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing great. We wanted to check why we do not expose support for HyperV features in Qemu similar to what we do for normal CPU features via query-cpu-defs or cpu-model-expansion QMP commands. This support is required for live migration with HyperV features as hyperv passthrough is not an option. If users had knowledge of what features are supported by source and destination, VM can be started with an intersection of features supported by both source and destination.
If there is no specific reason for not doing this, does it make sense to add a new QMP which expose support (internally also validating with KVM or KVM_GET_SUPPORTED_HV_CPUID ioctl) for HyperV features.
Apologies in advance if i misunderstood something.

Thanks

Manish Mishra