qemu-devel

Re: Candidate patches for Debian's 7.2 release (and backports)

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: Candidate patches for Debian's 7.2 release (and backports)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 22:56:40 +0300

02.02.2023 18:10, Alex Bennée wrote:

Hi Michael,

As I mentioned on IRC the LKFT team use Debian's backported version of
QEMU to test a wide range of kernel configurations in the cloud.
Unfortunately 7.2 shipped out with a few regressions which has halted
some of the testing when they upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2. Fortunately I
think most of these regressions have fixes in master.

Thank you for the reminder Alex!

I grabbed all patches in master which are tagged for stable (had to
tweak two nvme patches) and another which was pending in pm215 pullreq
(target-arm-Fix-physical-address-resolution-for-Stage2), and uploaded
7.2-2 to debian unstable. bpo11 version is ready too, I'll upload it
once 7.2-2 is built on unstable, hopefully there's no further regressions
in the changes I picked.

https://salsa.debian.org/qemu-team/qemu/-/blob/debian/1%257.2+dfsg-2/debian/changelog

Thanks,

/mjt