qemu-devel

Re: bamboo machine

From: Cédric Le Goater
Subject: Re: bamboo machine
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 08:21:27 +0100

Hello Mobin,

On 1/31/23 20:24, Mobin Shaikh wrote:
Hello Cédric ,

I found your contact information from GitHub. I am a new QEMU enthusiast and
learning about QEMU. I emulated PPC bamboo machine using QEMU but I couldn't
completely bootup the OS. Would you be able to share the example image file and
QEMU command line you use to test QEMU emulation? I want to run the test to
make sure I am not missing anything in configuring/building QEMU. I'll really
appreciate your help and pointers.

I simply run the command :

  qemu-system-ppc -M bamboo -kernel /path/to/vmlinux -net
nic,model=virtio-net-pci -net user -serial mon:stdio -nodefaults -nographic

Here is a kernel/buildroot image :

https://github.com/legoater/qemu-ppc-boot/tree/main/buildroot/qemu_ppc_bamboo-2022.02-4-geae5011c83-20220309

and the associated defconfig :

https://github.com/legoater/buildroot/blob/qemu-ppc/configs/qemu_ppc_bamboo_defconfig