qemu-devel

Re: Questions about QEMU exception

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Questions about QEMU exception
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 10:10:23 +0000

On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 at 01:53, Li, Kevin <cnkevin@amazon.com> wrote:

> Hi qemu community,
>

> We are working on some open source project which uses qemu on mac, and we
> have some signing process to sign qemu-system-x86_64.
>
> If qemu-system-x86_64 is not signed, we don’t see any problem, but after sign
> it, we got the following error:
>

> qemu-system-x86_64 -M none -netdev help]: stdout=\"Accelerators supported in
> QEMU binary:\\ntcg\\nhax\\nhvf\\n\", stderr=\"qemu-system-x86_64: allocate
> 1073741824 bytes for jit buffer: Invalid argument
>

> Does anyone has clue about what change may result in this failure?

You don't say which QEMU version you're using. Does it still happen
with the most recent release? Does it still happen if you build
from current head-of-git ?

PS: I think the QEMU build process should already be signing the executable,
so I'm not sure why you need to sign it again (see scripts/entitlement.sh).

thanks
-- PMM