qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/55] MIPS patches for 2022-10-30

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/55] MIPS patches for 2022-10-30
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 19:39:18 +0100

Il mar 8 nov 2022, 16:09 Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> ha scritto:
>> If it is the last thing, we should put in the "Build Dependencies"
>> part of the release notes that a C++ compiler is no longer required
>> and mention that the configure options to specify it will go away in
>> a future release.
>
> I guess the last use is from the Guest Agent on Windows...
>
> $ git ls-files | fgrep .cpp
> qga/vss-win32/install.cpp
> qga/vss-win32/provider.cpp
> qga/vss-win32/requester.cpp

Yes, I think the c++ configure options are still required for that Windows
stuff ... but IIRC Paolo once mentioned that we could simplify the linker
logic in configure or meson.build once the nanomips stuff has been
converted, since we now do not have to mix C and C++ linkage anymore?

Yes, it can be simplified to remove the link_language checks.

Paolo