qemu-devel

Re: Intermittent hang on x86 replay avocado test?

From: Pavel Dovgalyuk
Subject: Re: Intermittent hang on x86 replay avocado test?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:27:17 +0300

On 04.11.2022 21:53, Peter Maydell wrote:
On my machine this avocado test:

./build/all/tests/venv/bin/avocado run
./build/all/tests/avocado/replay_kernel.py:ReplayKernelNormal.test_x86_64_pc

seems to hang intermittently (maybe 1 time in 3?).

Does anybody else see this? Looking at the avocado logs suggests
the record part runs fine but the replay part hangs very early
in the kernel bootup. (Or possibly Avocado has got confused and
isn't logging all the output. >
I couldn't trigger it outside avocado.

I sometimes have the same problem with one of the replay tests (I don't remember which one). It hangs with avocado, but does not hang when I run it with the same command line without avocado.

It could be some replay issue (like infinite waiting for input in main_loop_wait), but I couldn't trigger this behavior with logging/debugging enabled.

Pavel Dovgalyuk