qemu-devel

Re: Inscrutable CI jobs (avocado & Travis s390 check-tcg)

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: Inscrutable CI jobs (avocado & Travis s390 check-tcg)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 14:08:29 +0100

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 09:01:21AM -0400, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> I still don't know what the failures from the Avocado tests are:
> https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/3100466535
> https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/3100466546
> https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/3100466539
> https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/3100466548
> https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/3100466537
>
> There are lots of logs and I don't know what to look for.

All of those show  'INTERRUPT: <non-zero-count>', and looking at
which tests report status INTERRUPT, shows that they are all
hitting the 2 minute timeout.

It is a different set of tests failing in each job, but that's
because in most of the other jobs  the failing tests are marked
CANCELLED due to not building the required QEMU binary.

The very few tests which do PASS are all very fast, not near
the 2 minute timeout.

Overall this looks pretty doomed.

With regards,
Daniel