qemu-devel

Re: AST2600 support in QEMU

From: Cédric Le Goater
Subject: Re: AST2600 support in QEMU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 07:50:12 +0200

Hello,

On 8/10/22 04:37, Joel Stanley wrote:
Hello Shivi,

I've added others to cc who may have some input.

On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 at 21:38, Shivi Fotedar <sfotedar@nvidia.com> wrote:

Hello, we are looking for support for few features for AST2600 in QEMU,
specifically

PCIe RC support so BMC can talk to downstream devices for management functions.

I haven't seen any PCIe work done yet.

I haven't either. There is clearly a need now that we are moving
away from LPC.

MCTP controller to run MCTP protocol on top of PCIe or I2C.

What work would be required to do this on top of i2c?

I think Jonathan and Klaus worked on this. See :

  https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20220525121422.00003a84@Huawei.com/

I2C slave so BMC can talk to host CPU QEMU for IPMI

Some support for slave mode was merged in v7.1.

yes.

Peter D. experimented with IPMI. See :

  https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20220630045133.32251-14-me@pjd.dev/

We also merged a new machine including a BMC ast2600 running OpenBMC
and an ast1030 SoC running OpenBIC. Work to interconnect them on the
same I2C bus is in progress.

Thanks,

C.