qemu-devel

Re: TCG development tools?

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: TCG development tools?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 16:17:59 +0100

Kenneth Adam Miller <kennethadammiller@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> Suppose I am wanting to implement and test for the TCG. Is there any set of
> interactive binaries or other things that I
> could use to work with it? Could I open a shell to it?  Perhaps feed it
> specific byte sequences for tests to ensure
> correct operation? Are there a canonical set of unit tests that
> exercise the TCG that each architecture implements?

We don't have any explicit tests for the core TCG although it would be
nice to have some to exercise and test the optimiser.

We do have a bunch of linux-user and system tests in ./tests/tcg which
include generic multiarch tests which compile on most targets as well as
guest specific tests under the appropriate directory. The coverage is a
little ad-hoc but at least new features often come a basic smoke test.

--
Alex Bennée