qemu-devel

Re: regarding QEMU ACPI table generation and passing acpi tables/methods

From: Igor Mammedov
Subject: Re: regarding QEMU ACPI table generation and passing acpi tables/methods to guest OS
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:15:37 +0200

On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 18:23:28 +0530
ritul guru <ritul.bits@gmail.com> wrote:

> Came across below link about QEMU to pass acpi tables to guest OS.
> https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/ACPITableGeneration

that link a bit outdated (project was completed but than later QEMU
moved on to built-in library for composing ACPI tables)

> Can I get more docs with respect to acpi tables/devices passing to guest OS
> from hypervisor or dom0?
>
> Looking for an example how an asl file which gets added in the SSDT table
> can be passed to the guest OS with the help of QEMU.

You can look at AML library QEMU utilizes currently to build DSDT/SSDT tables
  ./hw/acpi/aml-build.c
  ./include/hw/acpi/aml-build.h

and see build_dsdt* functions for examples how it's used to compose tables.