qemu-devel

Re: Types?

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: Types?
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 16:14:08 +0200

Hi Kenneth,

On 1/6/22 11:28, Kenneth Adam Miller wrote:
Hello,

I am working on a qemu target under development. and I am wondering how I should differentiate the MachineState from the MachineClass.

Look at QOM documentation:
https://qemu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/devel/qom.html

MachineClass is the interface to create a MachineState object instance.

There is at most one FooClass registered. This class can create multiple
FooState instances.

FooClass fields are usually read-only, as modifying them would affect
all FooState instances.

Maybe start looking at hw/avr/arduino.c, which should be quite easy to
follow.

Regards,

Phil.