qemu-devel

Re: multifd/tcp/zlib intermittent abort (was: Re: [PULL 00/18] migration

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: multifd/tcp/zlib intermittent abort (was: Re: [PULL 00/18] migration queue)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 16:21:32 +0000

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 16:15, Dr. David Alan Gilbert
<dgilbert@redhat.com> wrote:
> The initial description of compressBound being wrong doesn't
> feel like it would cause that; it claims it would trigger an error
> (I'm not sure how good we are at spotting that!); but then later
> in the description it says:
>
> 'Mistakes in dfltcc_free_window OF and especially DEFLATE_BOUND_COMPLEN,
>   (incl. the bit definitions), may cause various and unforseen defects'
>
> Certainly looks like a 'various and unforseen defect'.

Mmm. I couldn't get the testcase in that bug to fail on the machine
I see the migration-test fails on, so it presumably is a different bug
(or just faintly possibly a QEMU bug that's only tickled by the
specifics of the accelerated zlib behaviour).

-- PMM