qemu-devel

at24c* device

From: Patrick Venture
Subject: at24c* device
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 12:53:20 -0800

Philippe;

Looking at the at24c device, it doesn't support the c02 and other 1-byte addressable eeproms that are supported by the at24c driver in linux, and other compatible eeproms.  If I recall correctly, the smbus-eeprom device correctly handles the 1-byte addressable variants, and so maybe it's not required.  Before I add block device support to the smbus-eeprom device, I wanted to ask if you or anyone thought it made more sense to fix the at24c to have a address-length field that let it then operate for both versions.

The other tweak is that a block is 512 bytes, and the smaller eeprom is 256, so, there will be some other minor logic changes to allow it to basically have a file backing larger than its addressable contents.

Thanks,
Patrick