qemu-devel

Re: QEMU CI failure of cross-i386-* targets (meson picks wrong glib for

From: Alessandro Di Federico
Subject: Re: QEMU CI failure of cross-i386-* targets (meson picks wrong glib for native target)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 12:03:25 +0100

On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 22:25:24 +0100
Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

> Is the configure script setting $cross_compile to yes? That will
> decide whether meson getting a --cross-file or a --native-file
> option, and consequently whether it treats the host and build
> machines as equal or different.

From what I can see cross_compile is set only if --cross-prefix is set,
which doesn't seem to be the case for most containers (e.g., s390x)
but not for i386:

    tests/docker/dockerfiles/debian-s390x-cross.docker:ENV QEMU_CONFIGURE_OPTS
--cross-prefix=s390x-linux-gnu-
    tests/docker/dockerfiles/fedora-i386-cross.docker:ENV QEMU_CONFIGURE_OPTS
--cpu=i386 --disable-vhost-user

I can try to set `--cross-prefix=x86_64-redhat-linux-` but I guess this
will prevent certain tests to run (given the cross-compile environment).

I'll give it a shot.

--
Alessandro Di Federico
rev.ng Labs Srl