qemu-devel

Virtio-GPU Xres and Yres seettings

From: Pratik Parvati
Subject: Virtio-GPU Xres and Yres seettings
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:56:11 +0530

Hi Team,

I am working on a Virtio-GPU device (backend) for one of our customer projects - we are using the Virtio-GPU driver (frontend) to drive our device. Our device code has been written using Qemu virtio-gpu device code as a reference. Our device is setting the resolution to 1024x768 as a response to the command received from the driver (i.e, VIRTIO_GPU_CMD_GET_DISPLAY_INFO) - I also verified that driver is receiving the response bytes properly, but the next command (i.e, VIRTIO_GPU_CMD_RESOURCE_CREATE_2D) that device receive has a width and height as 4096 and 2160 respectively. The driver is assuming a 4k display for some reason and I need your help to understand why this is happening.

Our display is corrupted for the same Xres and Yres misunderstanding between the device and the driver - Please guide me to understand the problem. Let me know if you have any questions or need more information.

Thanks & Regards,
Pratik