qemu-devel

[RFC 0/5] Clean up error handling in libvhost-user memory mapping

From: Raphael Norwitz
Subject: [RFC 0/5] Clean up error handling in libvhost-user memory mapping
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 22:29:46 +0000

Hey Stefan, Marc-Andre, MST, David -

As promised here is a series cleaning up error handling in the
libvhost-user memory mapping path. Most of these cleanups are
straightforward and have been discussed on the mailing list in threads
[1] and [2]. Hopefully there is nothing super controversial in the first
4 patches.

I am concerned about is patch 5 “libvhost-user: handle removal of
identical regions”. From my reading of Stefan's comments in [1], the
proposal seemed to be to remove any duplicate regions. I’d prefer to
prevent duplicate regions from being added in the first place. Thoughts?

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20211018143319.GA11006@raphael-debian-dev/
[2]
https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/9391f500-70be-26cf-bcfc-591d3ee84d4e@redhat.com/

Sorry for the delay,
Raphael

David Hildenbrand (1):
  libvhost-user: Simplify VHOST_USER_REM_MEM_REG

Raphael Norwitz (4):
  libvhost-user: Add vu_rem_mem_reg input validation
  libvhost-user: Add vu_add_mem_reg input validation
  libvhost-user: prevent over-running max RAM slots
  libvhost-user: handle removal of identical regions

 subprojects/libvhost-user/libvhost-user.c | 52 +++++++++++++++--------

2.20.1