qemu-devel

unable to execute QEMU command 'qom-get': Property 'sgx-epc.unavailable-

From: Yang Zhong
Subject: unable to execute QEMU command 'qom-get': Property 'sgx-epc.unavailable-features' not found
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:47:22 +0800

Hello Paolo,

Our customer used the Libvirt XML to start a SGX VM, but failed.

libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'qom-get':
Property 'sgx-epc.unavailable-features' not found

The XML file,
<qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value="-cpu"/>
    <qemu:arg
value="host,+sgx,+sgx-debug,+sgx-exinfo,+sgx-kss,+sgx-mode64,+sgx-provisionkey,+sgx-tokenkey,+sgx1,+sgx2,+sgxlc"/>
    <qemu:arg value="-object"/>
    <qemu:arg value="memory-backend-epc,id=mem1,size=16M,prealloc=on"/>
    <qemu:arg value="-M"/>
    <qemu:arg value="sgx-epc.0.memdev=mem1"/>
  </qemu:commandline>

The new compound property command should be located in /machine path,
which are different with old command '-sgx-epc id=epc1,memdev=mem1'.

I also tried this from Qemu monitor tool,
(qemu) qom-list /machine
type (string)
kernel (string)
sgx-epc (SgxEPC)
sgx-epc[0] (child<memory-region>)

We can find sgx-epc from /machine list.

I am not familiar with Libvirt side, would you please suggest how to implement
this compound command in the XML file?  thanks a lot!

Regards,

Yang