qemu-devel

Re: Give the fosshost.org VM a purpose or a retirement

From: Warner Losh
Subject: Re: Give the fosshost.org VM a purpose or a retirement
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 03:29:34 -0700

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 7:56 AM Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <philmd@redhat.com> wrote:
On 11/24/21 15:16, Cleber Rosa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Fosshost.org was kind enough to supply the QEMU project with a public
> VM hosted by them.  The original use case we anticipated was to set up
> a GitLab CI runner, because we assumed the VM was KVM capable, but
> that turned out not to be the case.
>
> So, at this point, adding it as a GitLab CI runner would not add any
> significant improvement over the shared runners already provided, and
> it would require more maintenance effort.
>
> If there are any ideas for making use of this resource, and volunteers
> to configure and maintain it, please let me know.
>
> Otherwise, it seems fair to relinquish the resource back to Fosshost.org.

Cc'ing Warner, since for FreeBSD testing we use Cirrus-CI (via
libvirt-ci and have sometime hit GitLab timeout). Series [*]
provides most of what is required to register a FreeBSD runner.
It could be useful to run the user-mode tests.

Indeed. I'd forgotten about this series. I'll take a look at this and/or
the fosshost.org stuff...

Warner