qemu-devel

Re: Follow-up on the CXL discussion at OFTC

From: Jonathan Cameron
Subject: Re: Follow-up on the CXL discussion at OFTC
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 17:32:01 +0000

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:57:19 -0800
Ben Widawsky <ben.widawsky@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Saransh. Please add the list for these kind of questions. I've converted
> your
> HTML mail, but going forward, the list will eat it, so please use text only.
>
> On 21-11-16 00:14:33, Saransh Gupta1 wrote:
> >    Hi Ben,
> >
> >    This is Saransh from IBM. Sorry to have (unintentionally) dropped out
> >    of the conversion on OFTC, I'm new to IRC.
> >    Just wanted to follow-up on the discussion there. We discussed about
> >    helping with linux patches reviews. On that front, I have identified
> >    some colleague(s) who can help me with this. Let me know if/how you
> >    want to proceed with that.
>
> Currently the ball is in my court to re-roll the RFC v2 patches [1] based on
> feedback from Dan. I've implemented all/most of it, but I'm still debugging
> some
> issues with the result.
>

> >    Maybe not urgently, but my team would also like to get an understanding
> >    of the missing pieces in QEMU. Initially our focus is on type3 memory
> >    access and hotplug support. Most of the work that my team does is
> >    open-source, so contributing to the QEMU effort is another possible
> >    line of collaboration.
>
> If you haven't seen it already, check out my LPC talk [2]. The QEMU patches
> could use a lot of love. Mostly, I have little/no motivation until upstream
> shows an interest because I don't have time currently to make sure I don't
> break
> vs. upstream. If you want more details here, I can provide them, and I will Cc
> the qemu-devel mailing list; the end of the LPC talk [2] does have a list.
Hi Ben, Saransh

I have a forward port of the series + DOE etc to near current QEMU that is
lightly tested,
and can look to push that out publicly later this week.

I'd also like to push QEMU support forwards and to start getting this upstream
in QEMU
+ fill in some of the missing parts.

Was aiming to make progress on this a few weeks ago, but as ever other stuff
got in the way.

+CC qemu-devel in case anyone else also looking at this.

Jonathan