qemu-devel

Re: [RFC 2/4] linux-user/signal.c: Create a common rewind_if_in_safe_sys

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [RFC 2/4] linux-user/signal.c: Create a common rewind_if_in_safe_syscall
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 17:31:51 +0100

On 11/10/21 5:20 PM, Warner Losh wrote:
        Although I think we can fairly safely drop HAVE_SAFE_SYSCALL.  It is
required for
        proper
        operation.  As with host-signal.h, really.

    Yes. The only possible use I can see for it is to allow people to bring up
new
    platforms more easily by deferring the signal-safe system call details
until later in
    that process.

If we do, we'd need to remove the linux-user on a mips host tests from the CI pipeline. Those are the only ones left that don't use this that we test.

Ack, thanks.  I'll take care of this next release.

r~