qemu-devel

Re: Pre-built binaries

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Pre-built binaries
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 15:42:12 +0000

On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 at 15:24, House, Michael via <qemu-devel@nongnu.org> wrote:
> I’ve been working with QEMU a bit and I haven’t been able to find
> pre-built binaries for different platforms. Does Xilinx maintain
> releases, or should I build it from source for my platform?

Hi! This is the mailing list for the upstream QEMU project. As you've
found, we don't distribute pre-built binaries, only source code.
Our users either build source themselves, or else they use prebuilt
binaries provided by third parties such as Linux distributions.

Xilinx have a fork of QEMU with some extra features. I don't know if
they provide binaries of their version -- you'd need to ask them
directly.

thanks
-- PMM