qemu-devel

Help adding package to gitlab runners

From: Jag Raman
Subject: Help adding package to gitlab runners
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 01:14:16 +0000

Hi,

I'm wondering about the best way to install a dependency package on
GitLab runners.

I'm adding libvfio-user [1] as a submodule to QEMU. libvfio-user depends
on the availability of the "json-c" package. As such, we need to install this
package to build the library as part of QEMU.

I saw that we could add a "before_script" section to the jobs in
".gitlab-ci.d/buildtest.yml" - this section could have commands to install the
"json-c" package before running the job. However, this option is specific to
a job.

I wonder if there is a way to do this for all jobs. I saw that
"scripts/ci/setup/build-environment.yml" has a list of packages needed to
build QEMU - this one seems Ubuntu-specific.

How long does it take for changes made to this file (build-environment.yml)
to propagate? Are all QEMU's GitLab runners Ubuntu-based?

Thank you very much!
--
Jag

[1]: https://github.com/nutanix/libvfio-user