qemu-devel

Re: Testing a microcontroller emulation by loading the binary on incompl

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Testing a microcontroller emulation by loading the binary on incomplete Flash emulation
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 20:53:54 +0100

On Wed, 25 Aug 2021 at 20:03, Gautam Bhat <mindentropy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to emulate the TI MSP430 microcontroller.

The MSP430 is a custom 16-bit architecture. We don't have an
emulation of that kind of CPU. If you're mostly doing this to look
at how QEMU's device emulation is implemented, you should probably
pick something based on an architecture that we already have an
emulation for (ie where there is a target/$whatever). If you're
doing this specifically because you want to look at how a
target frontend for a new architecture works, have fun, I guess.

thanks
-- PMM