qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/11] Optional gitlab-CI and doc fixes for -rc4

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/11] Optional gitlab-CI and doc fixes for -rc4
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 12:11:02 +0100

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 06:22:46AM -0400, Alexander Bulekov wrote:
> On 210816 1001, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 at 07:10, Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >  Hi Peter,
> > >
> > > in case we're going to have an -rc4, here's a pull request that contains
> > > the fixes for getting the gitlab-CI green again. I also added some doc
> > > updates since they should be completely riskless. But if we won't have an
> > > rc4 due to other reasons, this pull request here certainly also does not
> > > justify another RC, so please ignore this PR in that case.
> > >
> > > The following changes since commit
> > > 703e8cd6189cf699c8d5c094bc68b5f3afa6ad71:
> > >
> > >   Update version for v6.1.0-rc3 release (2021-08-10 19:08:09 +0100)
> > >
> > > are available in the Git repository at:
> > >
> > >   https://gitlab.com/thuth/qemu.git tags/pull-request-2021-08-11
> > >
> > > for you to fetch changes up to 36b508993c4dcc6b3ef4b5c00e293ee9560926ee:
> > >
> > >   docs/about/removed-features: Document removed machines from older QEMU
> > > versions (2021-08-11 15:39:09 +0200)
> > >
> > > CI run can be seen here:
> > >
> > >  https://gitlab.com/thuth/qemu/-/pipelines/351602605

> > > * Fixes for the gitlab-CI (fix the hanging  build-oss-fuzz pipeline)
> > > * Add documentation about features that have been removed in older
> > > versions
> > >

> > Applied, thanks.
> >
> > Please update the changelog at https://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/6.1
> > for any user-visible changes.
>
> https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/1505950978
> Looks like build-oss-fuzz is still timing out, even without the issue
> in the vhost-usr-blk test. At this point the job should essentially just
> build + test qemu-system-i386 with some extra time spent on linking
> the fuzzer and briefly running through all the fuzzer configs. Maybe the
> only way to make this work is to split the job into a build + test
> stage?

At this point I think we should just disable the job in gitlab entirely.
We've spent too long debugging this, while leaving CI red for everyone.

Whomever is interested in this can then work to find a way to make it
reliable and request it be re-enabled once confident that it will work.

Regards,
Daniel