qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 0/1] Libslirp update

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: [PULL 0/1] Libslirp update
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 22:58:17 +0400

Hi Peter

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 4:10 PM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 at 16:47, Marc-André Lureau
<marcandre.lureau@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish my previous pull request with the submodule change would
> receive more help or attention, as I either couldn't reproduce the
> failure (neither CI) or it was just some one-time warnings due to the
> transition...

Well, I reported the failures back to you. I can't do a lot more,
because libslirp development is now much more opaque to me because
it doesn't happen in-tree. So instead of "some small change happens and
we pick up issues with it early", you have to deal with all of
the accumulated problems at once when you update the submodule :-(

rc2 is on Tuesday, so we're starting to run short on time to
get an updated slirp in for 6.1.

Do you mind checking the https://github.com/elmarco/qemu/tree/libslirp branch?

From https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-06/msg00031.html, there would still be the one-time warnings from git, but osx and dist error should be gone.

Only one left as a mystery is the Ubuntu-ASAN link issue.

thanks!

--
Marc-André Lureau