qemu-devel

Re: "make check-acceptance" takes way too long

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: "make check-acceptance" takes way too long
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 15:43:49 +0200

  Hi,

> > Ok, so that would require a bootloader build too, which is likely going
> > to be arch specific, so probably the most tedious part.
>
> Maybe we could use buildroot for this. I've used buildroot for my images in
> the QEMU Advent Calendar, and it was really a great help. See also:
>
>  http://people.redhat.com/~thuth/blog/general/2019/01/28/buildroot.html

/me played with buildroot too: https://gitlab.com/kraxel/br-kraxel

userspace systemd does take much time indeed, but buildroot allows to
build with busybox.  You can also easily include more stuff like
pciutils to run tests.

bootloader support in buildroot varies much depending on architecture.
Modern standard platforms (x86, arm) are no problem, but for
older/exotic platforms (sparc for example) you can't easily generate
bootable disk images.

take care,
  Gerd